Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Penultimate week!

Hasn't time gone quickly? We must have been having fun.
I looked at a couple of wiki sites this morning and having been to e-Fest and seen what Otago Polytechnic do with WikiEducator I can see how useful a wiki can be - other people do all the work for you! I looked at Book Lovers Wiki and Library success: A best practice wiki. The first one was great - full of reviews of books you have been meaning to read. Now I don't have to. The best practice wiki is like WikiEducator. You post ideas and information about policies for libraries and the ideas are shared and refined until you get a "Best Practice" policy. Some of the items I looked at were Management and leadership, Selling your library and Technology. Lots of interesting ideas. Out of all the "tools" we have looked at I like wikis the best.

No comments: